Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Walkthrough Question

John Heiter

Troy,

Excellent answer, as always. :)

Hypothetical question.

What if the shooter has their Bomar tattooed on their hand? :ph34r:

It wouldn't be me, because I don't know what those bumpy things are. I need a lens and 20 candlepower of led. :P

Kenny

Hypothetical question.

What if the shooter has their Bomar tattooed on their hand?

Shouldn't that be penalty enough. :wacko:

Welcome to the 2010 Nationals, I am your CRO, Hugh J. Ness. Please line up and stick your hands out for inspection. :lol::lol::lol:

I wonder if it is not time to set up a repository for DUMB RULES? We should somehow, some where list all the DUMBASS rules that have been crammed down our big sticks and into our barrels. Seriously, We really need to mount a concentrated assault if you will on the idiocy-run-amok that is invading our sport. We have several classes of DAR (DumbAssRules) (not to be confused with the Daughters of the American Revolution) First are the rules that are pushed for an absurd attempt to make action shooting a Politically Correct sport such as calling the Turtle Target the "Classic and the real target "Metric". Then there are my favorite pet-peeves: the mollycoddling rules: 2-hit max on a NS, followed by the plainly absurd rules: Nothing in your hand during walk-Through, No target rotation beyond 90 degrees, no Steel IPSC shaped targets as NS's, not allowing refinnishing of a gun in Production (IPSC, not USPSA).

The above is a short list. I bet that we could fill a whole thread with this. Someone smarter than I perhaps can do some sort of log?

Jim Norman

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to Brian and Troy. Thanks to Troy for answering my question in such a prompt and definitive manner and thanks to Brian for setting up a forum where guys like me can get quality answers to pretty much any question even remotely shooting related in fifteen minutes or less. It's crazy how great a resource this forum has become.

John

Gary Stevens beat this one around a bit at a RO class a month or so back. If I recall what he said this rule wasen't for the shooter. It was for the press and other liberal bystanders. Sorta like those nasty poppers that look like children and those nasty targets that look like people. If you think about it, from an outsiders point of view,the shooters at a walk through look like a bunch of ducks with guns all in a row.