Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3.3 Grain Vhitavourri 9mm

jkushner1

(mm group size revelation

4.9g of N350

125 g Zero JHP .356

sub 2" 25 yards cz 75

I wa amazed I was used to shooting N310 in the 9mm with a group about 80% bigger

Angus - Any particular reason you were using .356 bullets rather tha .355s?

jkushner - FWIW, I get sub 2" groups from my CZ-75B with the Zero .355" 125 grain JHP over 4.2 grains of TG loaded to 1.14", and it goes about 1050 from my gun, so you could throttle back if you wanted. Just a thought...

The heck with all this 9xwhatever poof stuff, buy a big can of AA7 and put about 5.5 grains of it under any 147, or about 7.5 grains under any 124. Set OAL to around 1.14 to 1.15. Then load a metric shjtload of it and just go shoot ;-) Learn to relish the 135-140 PF and appreciate the gun that functions reliably. You will thank me after 10k+ rounds. You "will" shoot faster and track sights better with a snappy gun.

--

Regards,

Verdict ruled upon. Talked to couple knowledgable friends at yesterdays match and all the excellent advice above, I'm going back to 3.2 gr TG, OAL: 1.155", the only thing I vary is between Zero 147 grain RN FMJ's and the Hornady 147 gr FMJ/ENC - I've loaded quite a bit of both, when I can get the Hornady's at less than $55 per thousand, I go that route - they seem more accurate than anything I've shot so far to date but they are pricey. Gents - my fingers thank you, my guns thank you, not to mention my eye's. Its my everything 9mm load, IPSC, Steel, infrequent IDPA matches, etc.

Sincerely,

Jon B)

Excellent! THanks for the update. As for the Hornadys, do a search here on the reloading section for the new website for "T&T Reloading" out of PA - they have great prices or check some of the really old FrontSights for Emidio Gaspari's number - he also discounts Hornady in bulk.

universal clays was cleaner with minor 147s , titegroup felt better.

over the chrono, titegroup gave better numbers.

although at a match, i dont think either load( or factory ammo) would have made a difference.