Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 mods for factory ammo.

Hey guys !!

What parts do i need to get and what kind of modifications do i need to do ( other than polish ) to my Stock 2, that will stay legal for USPSA production and will function 100% reliable with " FACTORY AMMO ". Just trying to get the DA/SA as low as possible and to be reliable. I'm working to get set up to load my own ammo, but in the mid time, i'll be using factory ammo. ( Freedom Munitions mostly ! ). Any input will be really appreciated !!

Factory ammo doesn't require anything special. You can't go as light on the hammer spring as someone willing to slave their gun to federal match primers...

But most of us want our guns to run CCI, Tula, or S&B primers as well. Search through this forum and you'll find plenty of discussions on this. While compiling the shopping list for my Stock III, I ran across plenty of tips on setting one up with a sub-6 DA and sub-2.5 SA trigger pull.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

EG "medium" hammer and firing pin return spring set will set off tula / wolf primers.

Swap in CGW reduced power trigger return spring, a cz sear spring, bolo disco, extreme sear, titan hammer and polish the snit out of everything. You can get a 7 to 7 1/2# da and 2 1/2. - 3# SA with 100% ignition reliability.

Once happy with everything....experiment with springs to lighten with reliability. Wolfe 15, 14, 13, EG "light" and the (hopefully) soon yo be released Patriot Defense springs 14, 13, 12. With LOTS AND LOTS of polishing you can get the triggering amazingly light and reliable.

Edited by johnbu

Stick with factory. The extended ones help set off primers when using lighter springs.

If you want more safety net, sure get one. Both companies make good products. I'm using xtreme now, but have some henning g5 pins to try "in my spare time".