Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Standard HD Military Missing Takedown Lever

Jephro

I picked up a High Standard HD Military this weekend at a gun show for what I thought was a good deal. Yesterday I had time to disassemble it for inspection and cleaning and discovered that the takedown lever is missing. If I could order one and install it I would just consider it a stupidity tax and move on.

BUT, I cannot find a way to remove the slide without the takedown lever installed. I spent about 45 minutes jiggling is around trying to get the hook to rotate downwards but I made no progress. I had to stop and let my patience regenerate before I tried any more.

Does anyone know how to remove the slide with the takedown lever missing without damaging the gun? Almightly Google only says jiggle it or saw it apart and re-weld which ain't gonna happen.

Also, everywhere I look online that does list the takedown lever and retaining pin show them as out of stock. I have not called High Standard yet since it really makes no difference until I can get the slide off. Are there any other good sources for High Standard parts out there that I might be missing?

Thanks for any help.

PS Thankfully the Duramatic that I Also picked up was in great shape internally so I do have a new plinker to keep me sated for a while.

Thanks that is the same answer that High Standard gave me when I called them today.

Sadly they are sold out as is High Standard. At least the guy at High Standard ran to the back to rummage around to see if he could find one. That is good service even if it was unsuccessful.

I need the entire assembly and retaining pin.

I managed to activate the hook pivot with a slight taper very small Craftsman screwdriver through the empty lever hole. The slide has been removed. At least I can do a complete inspection and cleaning now.