Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to adjust CZ 75 Shadow SA trigger?

MrTuna

I think the CZ 75 B SA has the same flat trigger with an angled area on the bottom. I want to adjust some of the pre-travel out of it if that's possible. There is an adjustment screw in it but there's nothing in the manual about adjusting it.

Thanks!

Sent from my bunker in the desert using Tapatalk

Your trigger needs to have 2 setscrews on it in order for you to be able to adjust the pre-travel.

There is one screw in the trigger shoe. I see the flat trigger at CZCUSTOM says that one does both. Do you know what this screw does?

2095424a95bc4c1f01ad2369548ddd64.jpg

Your trigger needs to have 2 setscrews on it in order for you to be able to adjust the pre-travel.

There is one screw in the trigger shoe. I see the flat trigger at CZCUSTOM says that one does both. Do you know what this screw does?

2095424a95bc4c1f01ad2369548ddd64.jpg

That screw is to keep the trigger bar spring and mag release springs in the gun.

Cool thanks! I'm still learning about this platform. The reason I have a SAO is that in IDPA ESP I can start the stage in single action. I will get a SP-01 Shadow for DA/SA eventually.

A few people will laugh at this recommendation, but if it were me (an has been in the past), I'd put a double action hammer in it with a t3 disco. That's how you fix pretravel. Not by putting a screw in to compensate for a poor trigger system. You can still run the SAO trigger, no problem.

I re-read the IDPA rules and it said that in ESP I can start cocked and locked with a DA/SA CZ. So which double action hammer would you choose for a 75 Shadow and what is a T3 disco?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just buy a trigger with a pre travel screw for $30.

Brazillions of people are using it and it works precisely as it should. It allows you to trim out pre travel.

I see that one on CZCUSTOM site. I think that will be much easier than doing a major conversion.

• 2 years later...