Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Rules

I belong to a local sportsman's club that requires a 5 sec pause between shots on the outdoor range. So essentially, no rapid fire. There are many people in the club that would like to see this rule eliminated, including me. Its enforced somewhat, depends who else is at the range. Anybody belong to a range that has/had this rule. I am trying to think of points to argue why the rule should be eliminated. Its tough, because I'm sure it does reduce the likelihood of someone sending one out of the range. The range is legit though with very high berms.

perhaps have folks go thru some certification process to be able to fire a little more rapidly? or maybe if they're uspsa or idpa classified or something like that. the other reason is folks probably wanna train like they might have to shoot in a sd/hd scenario and waiting 5 seconds between shots ain't gonna get it done.

maybe have the BOD of the range attend some uspsa or 3 gun matches and see that rapid fire really is or can be pretty controllable. lots of double taps are within a foot of each other if not inches.