Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning guiderod

dopeman

If your going to be shooting major power factor, it does help with keeping the wear down on the gun.

But if your only going to be shooting minor loads, the original guide rod should be fine.

I disagree... shooting a minor power factor has not produced the impact and wear on the gun like a major load does.

The Henning cone fit guide rod is a much better product than the factory one, and not a waste of money in any way.

But I was under the impression that dopeman was looking to conserve money at this time, and the original guide rod with a minor load will work fine for now.

Edited by gunnit

If you look at them side by side, you will never want to have a stock one again. The Henning just oozes quality compared to the stock one. It adds a little weight too I believe. I have them in all my minor guns too.

Yeah I will just be shooting factory 147 ammo from freedom munitions.

Yeah I think that's under 900 fps.

I know a guy that picked up 2 Stock I's, that he got at a killer price for the two, when a friend of his was switching over to the new Stock II's a while back, and sold the Stock I's to him.

And the Stock I's were almost new when he got them.

All he did was polish the trigger parts, put in a lighter plunger spring, and installed an 8 lb recoil spring with the original guide rod.

I think he shoots a PF of 133 to 135 with the 147's.

On his primary gun he has just over 15 thousand rounds ( which isn't a lot ) and his identical back up has a little over 1,200 rounds on it.

He said that there is still no substantial difference in the guide rod pocket between the two. Just a bit more wear on the finish with the primary gun. And this guy is meticulous about keeping his guns in good working order. But again he is only shooting a minor power factor with that original guide rod.

IMHO, If you want to just use the original guide rod and a minor power factor load, I think you'll be fine with it.

And if you decide to get the Henning Conefit Guide rod, you can't go wrong with that.

Personally, I use the Henning's guide rod and have no complaints what-so-ever. It's a beautifully machined part. He designs and makes some great stuff.

Edited by gunnit