Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hogue G10 All-Around grips on P226?

PatJones

I'm looking for an aggressive set of G10 grips for my P226 USPSA model.

I like the ones that come on the new P226 Legion, they have a bit more shape and checkering than the other Hogue grips that are available for the P226. I confirmed that Hogue is making the Legion Grips, but they are not available for purchase.

I called VZ, nothing available there. The saleswoman confirmed they have been told that new grips are "coming soon" for about a year now.

Looking around the Hogue website I found these grips for the Allround with much fuller checkering coverage:

http://www.hogueinc.com/store/products/sig-sauer-p226-dasa-allround-piranha-grip-g10-solid-black/8598

The Allround has slightly modified controls, has anyone here played with these grips on a standard P226?

Are there any differences on the Allround frame vs. the standard P226 that would affect grip fit other than the slide stop?

Right now I'm running a set of standard factory grips I've stippled. They're not the magwell grips, but they hang below the grip frame just enough to interfere with an extended baseplate. I'd like something besides the E2 grips that fits flush with the bottom of the frame.

Allround grips fit standard P226's no problem. The difference between the two is that Allround grips are milled out at the bottom to accommodate a frame protrusion that's there for the X5 magwell. (At least, this is true for the 1st gen X5's). I had Piranhas on my Allround and decided I wanted to try Chainlink, so I put the Piranhas on my 226. My Piranhas are the old style with larger dimples. I've never tried the new ones that you linked to above. They almost look checkered.

20150920_115651_zpsscuyjdtb.jpg

Edited by JAFO