Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for advice to complete Open Gun

coltlover

Looking for some advice as I get closer to completion on pistol. Gonna shoot it for a month or two to make sure there are no hidden issues that need to be addressed before finishing. The slide is Nickel Boron, comp is Titanium. The SVI signature grip is stainless. The STI frame is carbon steel (in the white). I've used Ionbond for several guns with great success. Just would like something other than a black and silver gun. I actually like the way it sits now, but the untreated frame is a no go. The NiB looks good, and is durable, but the slide was very thick. Created some clearance issues when it returned. Contacted Ionbond about other PVD coatings they offer in various colors. Want something more durable than Cerakote. Appreciate any feedback.

96048da1-5d34-40d2-8af9-30f8bec6ecc2.jpg

27f9ec610590b92077cacf8e7bb535e0.jpgYour gun looks good like it is, mine is very similar. My slide has no coating, it is just sanded with 400 grit to give a brushed stainless look. I just hit it with a oiled rag from time to time and keep the finger prints wiped off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Edited by MrPostman