Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Video links for new shooters

I thought it might be useful having a thread that has links to a bunch of the better youtube videos with explanations of basic stuff for new competition shooters, so everyone please post up ones you like :)

Today one of my cousins came to a match to check it out. He watched me shoot and I explained some basic stuff about how the matches work. I knew he'd been shooting for a few years so after the match I had him shoot a bit. I didn't realize at first, but this was his first time drawing and shooting from a holster or shooting and moving. He didn't know basic stuff like how to move in different directions without breaking the 180, how to reload on the move, how to transition between targets, stuff like that.

I'd like to send him some videos explaining all this so he knows what he needs to work on before shooting his first match. Just really basic stuff at first like how to shoot a match without shooting yourself or someone else and also not get DQed. Also videos explaining USPSA specific stuff like simple breakdown on the different divisions, power factor, safety rules, how to approach stage planning/strategy, etc. I started explaining the different divisions to him and while it's simple to us it seems pretty confusing for someone kind of new to shooting.

I'll start the thread off with this link to a series of videos from Doug Koenig. I've sent some of these videos to friends in the past who are new to competition shooting and I know these videos were helpful for them: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4A7B6673C06A967E

(I apologize if there's already a thread like this and this is a dupe, I did search first)