Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 sear spring / trigger contact

StraightSh00ter

Thanks - I'm wondering about the center leg - it doesn't cause any problems, but I just installed a new disco and get a little 'click' when the spring leg moves between the disco and trigger bow (click is actually coming from the trigger bow shifting). I could relieve the bottom center of the trigger bow or bend the spring a little differently but figured I'd see what made more sense first. It sounds like I should leave the spring alone and ease the trigger bow a little...

• 2 weeks later...

if I think I understand...try beveling the edge of the leg contacting against the disco. also mark the inside of the disco hole with a blue marker ( where the sear pin) goes through. after dry fire, few times, disassemble and look inside of the disco hole, look for rub marks from the sear pin,

mentally picture, as you press the trigger, the disco will move up and rearward, look for rub marks and touch up with file or sandpaper. that "click" sounds come from those rub marks, too. along with the disco head moving "back and forth" inside of the frame hole at the top.