Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 slide issue/ feed issue

tannerlc

while doing some testing on my 2011 today trying diffrent types of ammo the slide would lock with 1 rd still in the mag it wasnt really a feed issue. the slide would just lock back im using Dawson tuned mags and tuned bot to lock back even with a empty mag. i dont get it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

this is my 1st 2011 just doing some testing withh diffrent ammo to see whats working best ive tried remington 180gr,Federal 180gr, and winchester white box 165gr only thing ive found it like as of now is the white box. i just ordered some atlanta arms 180gr major and the atlanta arms 180gr long .175 loads

I'm new to the 2011...i just put some mags together using the Dawson followers...the instructions said to cut the spring...that spring looks like it can interfere with preventing the slide from locking to the rear...check to see if the spring is under the spot where the follower is notched out to stop slide lock. I'd post a pic but I don't know how..I'm new here.

I'm new to the 2011...i just put some mags together using the Dawson followers...the instructions said to cut the spring...that spring looks like it can interfere with preventing the slide from locking to the rear...check to see if the spring is under the spot where the follower is notched out to stop slide lock. I'd post a pic but I don't know how..I'm new here.

Cut WHAT spring! If you haven't cut anything yet... DON"T!!

Thanks for all the advice the link helped alot and then with youtube it seems to be working good ill find out more tom. and let you guys know how it goes thanks for all the help

Cut WHAT spring! If you haven't cut anything yet... DON"T!!

The instructions that come with the Dawson followers (the competition ones that are trimmed to not allow the slide to lock to the rear) have specific instructions...to include a picture...of how much of the spring to cut...the spring is cut at the top where it wraps around the new follower as to not interfere with the slide lock. Just sharing what I learned as I am new to the 2011 and pieced my mags together using Dawson's products. Would certainly recommend listening to others post as they are sure to be more experienced than I....also calling Dawson may help...they have always been most helpful when I have called. Anyways just offering my 2 cents worth