Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Stock 2 - rear elevation screw won't budge

Recently bought a backup Stock 2. However, I noticed the rear adjustable on this new Stock 2 is different.

I tried using the LPA wrench to turn the elevation down, but it won't budge at all to the point I felt either the small LPA wrench or the sight is going to break. This was not the case with my first Stock 2 or my Lim Pro which use identical LPA adjustable rear, and were very easy to turn the elevation screws.

I wonder if the new Stock 2 still uses LPA sight. If so, does anyone know how to adjust the elevation on these new sights?

Thanks.

post-56818-0-05081300-1463239225_thumb.j

post-56818-0-01172800-1463239230_thumb.j

Depress it with your thumb to releave tension...and adjust it while depressing it.

That's what I did with the old Stock 2 and Lim Pro, where the elevation is not touching the frame.

This new Stock 2, the base of the elevation is so hard against the frame. I press on it really hard but there is no movement downwards.

out of topic but those serrations on the new one are kinda odds....... Im glad I got my S2 months ago.

And the new Stock 2 is fatter than old one I believe on the front end of either frame or slide. Holster has to be adjusted.

Depress it with your thumb to releave tension...and adjust it while depressing it.

That's what I did with the old Stock 2 and Lim Pro, where the elevation is not touching the frame.

This new Stock 2, the base of the elevation is so hard against the frame. I press on it really hard but there is no movement downwards.

Got it moving after a bit of heat gun. Not sure why, but heat works.