Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Nova load port work

Nickoli

I have been working on my Super Nova a little bit at a time and I am wondering how much some of you guys have opened up the load port for quad loading. the trigger housing has part of the port attached to it and I was thinking about removing the front portion of it completely where is joins back into the receiver as it looks like it would be strong enough to hold up without breaking the sides off.

Does anyone have pictures of how much material they have removed from their ports? I can take some pictures later of the work I have already done and some of the areas I have marked out to take into work and play on the mill with.

I will take pictures when I get home of its current configuration. I cut the pump far enough that I think I will be able to clear it but I can take more and shape it as needed.

Current configuration of how a cut the pump and load port. If I get time I might take some pieces into work this week and see what I can do on the machines and I might stipple everything as practice for my M2.

post-49048-0-70477100-1462665320_thumb.j

post-49048-0-69615800-1462665341_thumb.j

post-49048-0-24000900-1462665362_thumb.j

Nick,

You can safely take about half or more of the thickness off the front of the port, but do most of the removal on the inside to create an undercut...run your file into the opening in the same directions that you'll load shell and you'll understand what I am describing.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys. Once I get some free time I and going to work on this again and I will post some pictures of the how it looks after I get it the way I want. Going to remove some material from other areas to aid in manipulation and try to make loading easier, should be a fun little experiment lets hope it works.