Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What sight cut is this?

ncrivello

According to Remington, the 1911 R1 enhanced models have true "Novak" dovetails, on the basis 1911 R1, the front sight dovetail is a Novak, but the rear is proprietary.

It looks like a novak style adjustable sight cut.

Rich

That's what I'm thinking. I have an email out to Novak to see what options they have. That front 'lip' is what's throwing me; some sights have the lip flush with the dovetail and some are extended out further like this slide accommodates. I read elsewhere that this is an "old-style" adjustable Novak mount.

Edit: Looks like a Colt variation of the Novak?

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/sights/rear-sights/1911-adjustable-rear-sights-prod41869.aspx

According to Remington, the 1911 R1 enhanced models have true "Novak" dovetails, on the basis 1911 R1, the front sight dovetail is a Novak, but the rear is proprietary.

The standard R1 slide has a derivative of the standard GI/government dovetail that is proprietary; the enhanced models have a standard novak cut. The slide I have is different and doesn't appear to have been offered on a production R1 thus adding to the mystery for me.

Edited by ncrivello