Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hunter 40SW for limited

I have looked and looked at different options for a 6" limited blaster and I keep coming back to the idea of converting a Hunter to 40SW. Now this is what I am thinking,

1) Using the 6" 40SW available form EAA as opposed to buying a complete upper

2) Replacing the hammer and sear with the kit available from Henning

3) Henning magwell and trigger, etc.

Here I am assuming the Henning parts that are intended for the Limited will work on the Hunter. By this I mean the trigger, firing pin, magwell, sear and hammer.

I found a thread that asked the question about putting the 6" 40SW barrel in a Hunter but there was little discussion about it other than yes it's been done. I expect there may be some fitting required. Are there any gotchas on this kind of swap? My impression is that the Hunter is a very accurate pistol. Can I expect the same kind of performance after the barrel swap?

For those of you that have done this, how have you liked the result?

Edited by spencerattix

I have done it. Go to my YouTube channel if you want to see it in action. Look up Anthony DiGiovanni and look for the postal logo that is my avitar here.

The Hunter was a 10mm to start and I dropped in a 6" .40 barrel from EAA. Barrel didn't require any fitting which was great. It shot well and if I hadn't sold it I would have lightened the slide since it was a tad sluggish. It did however absorb recoil very well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...