Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A New Hero

outerlimits

+1 for Dan, TL et al.

I have a very good friend who is a vietnam era vet (2.5 tours in the 101st Airborne) I am a fireman so I spend 24 hours at a time with him and over the last few years we have become incredibly close. In that time he has shared some of his experiences with me.

I watched the "apology" interview with him at work and I can honestly say I never have seen a more transparent, hollow, and self serving apology in my life. I am too young to know much of vietnam first hand (bd is 1971) but watching the video of her laughing and joking with the vc on the gun was repulsive. Her actions directly caused more harm and death to befall our POW's and all she can do is apologize for a "lapse of judgement", she needs to step to the plate and simply admit that her judgement was not only wrong but her actions were reprehensible. Maybe to prove some type of sincerity she should talk a little more about her wrongdoing and spend a little less time feeling sorry for herself. However, I guess as long as the book sales are up it probably doesn't even enter her mind.

Take care, Craig