Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet contact with ejector while magazine is in and not locking back.

lucas

When the mag is inserted with slide open, it looks like the ejector is in contact with the case. I insert a mag with one bullet and manually start the bullet very slow with my fingers Forward and the end of the ejector on the left bottom corner does come in contact with the rim of the bullet. The other mags look like they barely scape by the ejector. I have the follower shelf as high as can be without the followers jumping out of the tubes. By the way, the tube feed lips are all close to 350-355 and 355-360.

Those same tubes with grams followers ,after I've tuned the follower shelf ,lock back and the bullets are not near the ejector.

Is it normal in 9mm 2011's to use extended ejectors and for STI tubes with STI followers to present the bullets that high to the ejector?

Normally if I run into this I relieve the underside of the ejector so that the cartridge doesn't touch it while it is feeding. If you google for brazos and ejector tuning you should find an article bob did for front sight on how to tune them.

Normally if I run into this I relieve the underside of the ejector so that the cartridge doesn't touch it while it is feeding. If you google for brazos and ejector tuning you should find an article bob did for front sight on how to tune them.

Yes, thank you I'll do that.