Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Installing a Guide Rod Spring onto a Guide Rod

Lastcat

2w24wuu.jpg

fmt20h.jpg

2gv2ffc.jpg

Installing a Guide Rod Spring onto a Guide Rod.

What a chore :angry2: .

Was following what was posted at Youtube, on how to install a Guide Rod Spring onto a Guide Rod. What a workout. Never did get this thing installed. Did launch the spring across the room once..lol.

This is a Glock 22 slide, Wolff Uncaptured Guide Rod, Gen3 to Gen4 Rod Adapter and Wolff Round Wound Springs.

So I used a simple crimping tool, compress the spring and grab the end of the rod and insert into Guide Rod Adapter (don't let go and hold tight). I compress the spring by hand and not with the tool. Once the spring is low enough, I then reach for the tool and then grab the rod.

Works every time, no mess, no fuss. I used a smooth style crimping tool, as not to leave marks on the guide rod. I wouldn't use pliers that would mark up the rod. Last thing you need is the guide rod marked up and the spring catching. Keep the guide rod clean and unscathed.

Hope this helps and this is also the right place to post this. Cheers, Lastcat.

Edited by Lastcat

Very good idea i purchased an ndz with adapter for gen 4. What a pain trying to get the hex screw started. Good looking out. Thanks Kevin

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Welcome Kevin. Might one day go to captured, once I settle on a spring weight. Think this would work to, then try and get the screw started on the end.