Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

147 gr Blue Bullets, load data?

SimonStern

On 4/7/2016 at 10:32 AM, SWHlctx said:

With the Blue Bullet 147 you have to watch the weights. I was practicing at the range some months ago and felt like my loads were hotter than normal. A friend of mine was chronoing in the next bay so we shot my loads over his chrono. They were all hot with a PF of 135-137. What the hell?? Went home and checked everything and all was good with my set up, so I started weighting the bullets. The 147gr bullets all weighted 149-151, but the average was 150.

Typically with my G34 using 3.4gr of WSF I get a PF of 128-130 depending on temperature. Just for the hell of it I made up some rounds with Blues and 3.2gr of WSF and got a PF of 130.

I called Blue Bullets and asked if they knew the weights were off on the high side and they told me yes they knew the 147 was high. They said some shooters like them that way so they weren't changing anything.

Not a big deal, but my issue with it is I like to know exactly what I'm loading and no surprises. If they weight 150, then tell me that. Probably my bad for not weighting them to start with.

How was the chrono telling you the PF without you defining the bullet weight? I'm missing that in my setup, but it sure would be handy.