Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone recognize this comp?

Resjudicata

I finally made it to the range with some test loads. The loads are 125gr Zero JHP .357 bullets with HS6 powder in 9mm at 1.160" OAL. Powder charges are 7.6, 7.8, 8.0, and 8.3. I'm using MBX mags and a 9 pound recoil spring.

Only the 8.3 loads all made power factor. The average pf for this load is 172. I'm thinking the larger diameter bullets need the extra powder. Accuracy was good. About 1.5-2.0 inches at 25 yards resting on the bench. Before getting accurails it was doing 4-5 inch groups. Real improvement. No pressure signs from this load using Federal SP primers.

The gun is very flat and soft shooting. Almost to point of feeling sluggish. I'm going to try 7 and 8 pound recoil springs as well as lighter hammer spring to try and liven the action up a bit. Also, the gun is still very tight from the accurail job. I expect that I will need to put some rounds through the gun to break it in.

This comp definitely works. And it is LOUD! :ph34r:

Chris

Nice!!! Yes definitely try a 7lbs variable spring from wolf and even try a 6lbs variable spring. Then if you can video yourself shooting in slo-mo and check the difference in muzzler flip. Your goal is to obviously get it flatter and without any dipping pass center.

Good luck

Yesterday I tried a 15# mainspring and 7# recoil spring. That livened the gun up. I'm getting ejection out a couple feet now. Before it was dribbling out of the port.

I still need to do some tuning on the extractor and ejector. Mainly the ejector. I'm getting some brass bouncing off the Cmore and stovepiping.

Do you know where I can find a 6# recoil spring. 7# is the lightest I've found.

Chris

Shooter connection. Here's the link. http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Wolff-19112011-Variable-Recoil-Springs-P3490.aspx

Great, thanks. I could have sworn that I looked at those and didn't see any lighter than 7#. I guess the old brain is catching up to the old eyes.

Chris

• 2 years later...