Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder Choice for 124 Xtreme 124 HP

Rucker61

I've got a box of 500 of the Xtreme 124 gr plated HP in 9mm, and I'd like to load them up for plinking by wife and friends to keep them from shooting up my competition rounds. We'll be shooting them in a Shield, G43, Ruger LCR, CZ P01 and CZ 75 Compact. I've got Bullseye, Unique, Titegroup and VV N320. I can also get N330 and N340. Looking for low-mid velocities. What say ye?

I have loaded thousands of 124gr bayou over 3.2gr of titegroup at 1.160 and shot it threw many different guns with no cycling issues at all. It is very soft doesn't quite make minor but didn't need it to for steel and 3gun.

For plinking I would use the unique and bullseye, load the Tightgroup and N320 for matches.

Personaly I would use the Tightgroup up for plinking also, just because I do not carefor it myself, but many love it as their go to powder.

I've got a box of 500 of the Xtreme 124 gr plated HP in 9mm, and I'd like to load them up for plinking by wife and friends to keep them from shooting up my competition rounds. We'll be shooting them in a Shield, G43, Ruger LCR, CZ P01 and CZ 75 Compact. I've got Bullseye, Unique, Titegroup and VV N320. I can also get N330 and N340. Looking for low-mid velocities. What say ye?

N330? You must be overseas