Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recovered Blue Bullets

K31Scout

The snow is melting fast and these showed up on the ground behind my target. The coating is gone from the lands and I wonder if that's happening when the bullet is traveling down the barrel or after laying out in the elements for a couple weeks. After I set my taper crimp die I pulled a couple and the coating was intact. The CZ barrel is shiney and lead free as far as I can tell but I've only shot 100 or so Blues. What do ya think?

BB_zpslkztvpvh.jpg

Ive shot lots of them but never recovered any in that state. The ones I have recovered after hitting steel look like this:

22A0BD73-0C8F-49F8-806F-0A7E2481F472.jpg

I dont have any lead build up in my guns that I can tell, but I would think the coating should not strip off like that going down the barrel.

I'm guessing that the heat of friction is causing the coating to flake off after it leaves the barrel. I have a 1000 coming and will just keep an eye on the bore. The 135gr TC (.355) are very accurate with 3.8grs WSF in my CZ and I can seat them out to 1.140"

I also have a sample of Black Bullets (.356) coming and will recover some of those to compare.