Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para 16.40 LTD hammer follow

NFLcavediver

I bought a used Canadian built 16.40 to try limited. It shoots fine. My problem is that if I release the slide I get hammer follow. With the gun empty just releasing the slide about half the time I get hammer follow. I tried it at the range and it will fire a round, no double strikes. I read a couple of posts on hammer follow and they asked about holding the trigger back while cycling the slide. Doing that the hammer stays back. The gun has had some work done to it, 2.5 lb trigger coming from a Glock WOW!! I measured the travel of the trigger. From the trigger to the pinned grip safety and from the trigger to the trigger guard I get the same measurement .070 not much there. Might there not be enough reset in the trigger?

Jack

Try adjusting the sear spring, if that don't work then you might need to rework or get a new hammer/sear.

Fyi- dropping a 1911 slide on a empty chamber over and over will ruin any trigger job eventually.

Edited by ParaGunner

Ok I didn't know that. That being said, I completely disassembled it. I had picked up a couple of sear springs. The one that came with the gun has been massaged. It seems to have cleared it up. But I cant tell you why, that bugs me. The grip safety spring is really distorted, the center spring looks the same, the spring on the left has been worked on. I am guessing that the center spring is the disconnect leg and the left the sear leg.