Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ejector Tuning

Cameron

A little background on my tuning issue. After reading the Brazo's ejection perfection article, and consulting with a few fellow shooters, I did some tuning on my ejector.

The problem I had was ejected brass would always hit the bottom of my scope mount, as well as the Eotech mounted on top. Occasionally, a piece of brass would get caught between the slide and scope causing a jam from hell.

After reading the article, I modified the ejector to resemble the picture in the article, shifting the "point" of contact to about the middle of the ejector. I also filed the right side of the ejector so the contact "point" would be more to the left side of the ejector. I no longer have jam issues(I hope), but the brass is ejecting too close to my face.

Now my brass basically flies over my right shoulder. So what way to I move the ejector contact point to help the brass fly directly right, or 90 degrees from the gun?

Me personally, I,ve never liked the idea of removing material from the right side of the ejector, my guess is that is the reason the brass is flying back at you.

I prefer the contact point about 1/3 from the top with a precisely tuned extractor, radiused and polished hook set at 18 oz. (most guns can run reliably with less tension but mine won't, she's very loose and cycles fast with the sprinco).

In my opinion the full face of the ejector hits the brass more towards the center causing the brass to rotate faster thus exiting quicker. my gun will sling the brass, landing about 10 feet away.

Have you checked your extractor tension? Maybe it could be off (high or low) contributing to the problem, possibly readjusting the tension could change it enough to live with.

Hope this helps

THC

The face is now about 1/3 the surface area from top to bottom. And I filed about 1/4 the thickness from the right side. It basically looks like a dull pencil. The contact face is about 1/2 way down from the top.

Hope I explained it enough.

Here is a link for the article. http://www.brazoscustom.com/Home.htm

Follow the articles section on the left for the Ejection Perfection article. My contact surface from top to bottom is a little thicker. Bob's picture looks more pointed.

Thanks for the help.

Cam,

Order another couple...they are kinda cheap.  Play around.  It will be well worth the money for you when you win Open B at Major matches.  :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence Flex!!! My new GM buddy Jake seems to be taking me under his wing for a while. Team Michigan should be a bit stronger this year!

Could I smell a clean sweep in open GM, A, B and C at the Ohio sectional by Michigan shooters?? :lol:

Shooting local match Sunday, so we will see how it runs. I guess if the brass is getting out of the gun, who cares where it lands???