Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip for Sig 226

Smitty79

I recently bought a Sig 226 police turn in, in 40. I shot it for the first time today.

I am ruined for this gun. I usually shoot "safety" guns and I like to ride the safety with my strong thumb. With the Sig, I am instantly releasing the slide release with my grip. No lock back for you. I can live with this.

What I can't live with is the stock plastic grip. It's just a touch big, but not bad. I was shooting in the rain and the plastic grips were terrible slippery. My favorite gun is a CZ SP-01. I'd like to find a rubber grip for the Sig that's the same size as the stock rubber grips that come on the CZ75/85/SP-01 frame. Any recommendations?

I had a 226 with the factory E2 grip and thought it worked very well. Get them at Sig's Pro Shop. All the newer Sig's use them, so you should able to fondle one at your local gunshop

Edited by Marv Z

• 3 weeks later...

Take your stock grips, backfill the dead space with black epoxy. Sand them down to a minimum version of the profile you prefer. Coat the with JB Weld like you are spreading butter on toast, sprinkle aluminum oxide or silicon carbide color of your choice. Let dry. Never slippery again... Ever...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=226930&page=3&hl=%2Baluminum+%2Boxide#entry2538807

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...