Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hi From Central Maine

BrianKr

New here, but not new to firearms. Old retired fart. Looking forward to picking brains, learning more, and contributing when possible.

I've been shooting a 1911 for 45 years, but recently switched to an M&P for action pistol and CCW.

Now I dive into the deep end! :-)

Welcome to the forums, Brian, from one old fart to another!

What type of action pistol shooting you doing? I got started in uspsa at the age of 59. Not much good at it but, I have a hell of a lot of fun!

USPSA, Dave. Only because that's what's most easily available locally. Somewhere IDPA (is that what it's called?) is shot in Maine, or I think that it is. I think I'd like to give that a try as long as my gear is acceptable. I don't want to rebuy gear. But I really don't know much about IDPA; I'd be lying if I wrote that I did. I know some of the rules are different, not a judgement on my part, just what I've heard.

I started USPSA probably 6 years ago, shot it for 2 years and stopped for 4 years while I built a business. Now I'm back into it again at 63 years old. I'm not real good at it either. I shoot it to learn to channel my stress into a positive direction, and for enjoyment. My accuracy is there, but I'm not terribly fast. I'll probably be a "C" shooter if I classify this year. I finally have my M&P where I want it, now I'm fine tuning the load I'm shooting. If I work on my speed I'd classify higher, but I'm not a serious shooter. I like shooting and being out with other shooters. I try to get on a relay where the really serious competitors aren't. It's a great way to spend part of a day.

Edited by BrianKr