Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Leupold Reticle?

Hey guys!

I have a VX-6 1-6x24mm that I stopped using because it had a plain duplex reticle and seemed to be a fat duplex reticle at that. At the time, Leupold's custom shop didn't work on VX-6's so I stuck it in the safe and let it sit. Now, they do work on the VX-6 and was going to run it over to Leupold to have the reticle switched. (only $160 for the switch, which doesn't seem too bad considering I wouldn't use it without a better reticle.) I was looking to put the CMR2 in it, but wanted to run it by you guys and see if there was some other reticle I was over looking. It would be used for 3-gun. It would also be non-illuminated reticle.

What do you guys think?

I have a Mark 6 1-6 with the CMR2 reticle and love it. Fast acquisition for up close targets and the hold overs are quick and easy to use.

The reticle provides a lot of information, but I don't find it distracting. My eye quickly focuses on what's important and the other lines seem to disappear. I think that is because it is a well-throughout design.

For what it's worth, this was my first scope, so I didn't have anything to compare it to.

I was looking over Leupold's website to see what they had new for 2016 and didn't see another reticle that looked better.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk