Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

25 Yard Group From a Glock

NateTSU

Interesting... I never realized KKM barrels were that much more accurate. Do you have to fit them to your Glock or are they drop in?

They're drop in. Only reason I got one was to shoot lead out of my glock. Some people will carry on about KKM vs Storm Lake vs Lone Wolf, etc. In my experience (Storm Lake in G17 and KKM in G34) they're very close.

I've had some accuracy issues before using .356 diameter coated lead and plated lead (Xtreme). Three different targets at the same distance (10 yards) all shooting prone off of a bag. Was told by the owner of one company that I should check my crimp and oal. COAL was right around 1.200 +/- .005 using mixed brass. Tried 3 different loads with one of them being factory. 1st load 147grn coated .356 with crimp set at 0.001 (pulled projectile shows crimp ring at .355) using W231 at 3.6grns.

keyizd.png

2nd load 147grn coated .358 with crimp set at .376 measure the OD where the crimp was with Lee FCD (sorry had these already crimped with FCD so couldn't compare to the crimp) using W231 at 3.6grns.

25pl3c7.png

3rd load (best group) was the factory loaded DRT 80 or 85grn IIRC HP. 20 shot group just to make sure it wasn't me most of the time.

szz8n9.png