Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

question about glocked brass

CrashDodson

I don't mean to imply your setup is deficient. What I meant is that Glocked brass in the typical sense, the pregnant-at-the-base looking brass, is not something that is corrected by normal use of an FCD. If you don't have that problem, then you don't need a U-die (or bulge buster).

If what you have works, then it is every bit as good as mine. I just collect a lot of range brass from work and some of that is definitely "Glocked".

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FCD should not correct "glocked" brass unless you are using it with a "bulge buster" setup, in which case it will.

If you were adjusting your FCD down heavy enough to swage out any brass bulges, that would be impressive indeed! Are you loading your potentially glocked brass into a glock barrel? I found that I could frequently chamber glock brass in glock barrels, but trying to chamber it in an aftermarket barrel was a no-go. My solution was initially a bulge buster, but about two weeks ago I got a U-die and it is by far the superior option.

My only gun in 40s&w is a tanfoglio. I'm not sure why but between my lee resize die and the fcd my reloads come off of the press great! And all of my brass is from a 5 gallon bucket I purchased from a range. Not to say your setup isn't superior, just that this is what works for me.

Do you check all your rounds in a chamber gauge?

I am still having about 3-4 out of 100 not pass gauge using the U die. Some of these still pass the barrel plunk. I have the die set to go as far down as it can go, but it can still leave a small bulge at the base of the case. Might still need to get a bulge buster.

I am still having about 3-4 out of 100 not pass gauge using the U die. Some of these still pass the barrel plunk. I have the die set to go as far down as it can go, but it can still leave a small bulge at the base of the case. Might still need to get a bulge buster.

i used to get around 3-4 out of 100 before i use the U die...now i get 2-3 out of 1000...

I do get some that are real close...if I push a little harder (force), they will fit...so they pass in my book...