Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder Check Help?

I know there has to be an easier way to do my powder checks. I'm recycling a couple of primed shells between the powder check station , then replace it and continue checking.

Of course every time I pull the handle to load a charge , a new cartridge drops and a primers also cycles out into the tray. I know in an ideal world my casefeeder and primer tube would be empty...but this is sometimes not the case.

Any thoughts on refining my process ???

Thanks in advance

I know there has to be an easier way to do my powder checks. I'm recycling a couple of primed shells between the powder check station , then replace it and continue checking.

Of course every time I pull the handle to load a charge , a new cartridge drops and a primers also cycles out into the tray. I know in an ideal world my casefeeder and primer tube would be empty...but this is sometimes not the case.

Any thoughts on refining my process ???

Thanks in advance

When I switch to a new caliber I always start with the case feeder off, and manually drop a case into the tube, prime it.... then recycle it until I've confirmed my charge weight (powder gets dumped out or weighed, then the same case is used to grab another charge, I always do a 10 charge average to ensure nothing has changed).

Turn on the case feed, and ensure the primer feeder is loaded (usually just throw a couple in initially).

I changed my workflow to avoid any issues. If my case feeder tube is already full from the last session, I pull it off and dump it back into the feeder.

~g

Edited by safeactionjackson