Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Riddle me this?

BASE772

320 running fine. Around 8000 rounds through it. I clean it after every range trip but have not taken the FCU completely apart. Have never taken striker apart.

Decide to flush out the gunk from the FCU and Striker with some gun cleaning solvent. Blew them out with those cans of compressed air so not that powerful. But enough to clean it out.

Noticed the little mirco spring for the striker safety it missing. F**K!!

Put gun back together and seems to work fine without the spring. Although if you tilt the gun forward you can see the striker pin through the firing pin hole.

Took that striker out and put in a striker from another 320 in the slide. Striker safety looks slightly different but this gun is modular right. The trigger would not set at all. Humm?

Took the new striker back out. Took the spring off that striker and put it on the one I just cleaned that was in the gun originally.

Put gun back together and trigger wouldn't set either.

Took it back apart. Took the striker safety spring back off. Put gun back together and seems to work fine.

I put the new striker back in the new 320 and it works fine.

Totally lost on this one.

Been wanting to send a gun to Bruce Gray for a trigger job. This might be the one. ?

I looked around but unfortunately couldn't find where the heck I put that extra striker safety spring. Sorry I can't help you with that.

A video might help to better grasp what's going on. I saw your new striker safety arm (or whatever you call it). We had one Team SIG guy break one of the old ones so it looks like there has been a redesign; however, the function looks like it should be the same. See if you can get what you are talking about on video.

Pretty sure I found it, it's not the striker but the safety lever (part #4) in the FCU. Comparing it with my new 320 FCU the safety lever won't go all the way down. It's constantly holding up the striker safety not allowing the trigger to reset, or something like that.

So, if the 320 fires without the striker safety spring it could've been broke or missing for A couple thousand rounds.

Any thoughts?

Sorry I couldn't attach a video

post-44117-0-80179200-1454436861_thumb.j

Ok, I was right that it's the safety lever not coming down. But,.. It's was caused by my trigger bar spring. I must have tweeted it taking it off and on so wasn't allowing the trigger bar to move rearward enough to let the safety lever come all the way down.

I went at this totally backwards. But was a good learning experience none the less. Something so simple!

Going to try and find some extra trigger bar springs for now.

I hope this may help someone else who is new to the 320 platform that might experience this same problem.

Damn! Wish I would have seen that first. Would have save me a lot of time, worry and I wouldn't have messed up my trigger return spring. I'll be watching all your videos this weekend.

And getting some needle nose pliers.

Great information Alma!

Edited by BASE772