Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45 ICORE loads

Bwidpa

ICORE is starting to spread to my neck of the woods. The only competition revolver I have at the moment is a 625 that I'm used to shooting at major power factor (wst or 700x with 230gr RN plated). From what I understand, ICORE power factor is 120! What loads are you revolver guys using for ICORE in 45? What is the lowest power factor that's working good for you? I hear a lot of guys using clays, but can't find it here. The powders I have on hand are titegroup, wst, power pistol, 700x, longshot, bullseye, hs-6. I'm guessing 185's are popular?

I'll be surprised if they don't have some "SPECIAL" class for large-bore revolvers, to level the field with with .38/.357 class. If the 120 PF applies to .45 revolvers, you might be able to shoot it with 3.5 - 4.0/Bullseye/185 - 200 LSWC or RNFP. My falling plate load was 4.0/Red Dot/200 LSWC or RNFP, and worked wonderfully. It probably exceeds 120PF by an inconveniently large margin, and I'm not sure it's advisable to reduce the powder charge below 3.8 gr. Perhaps in all of that data, you can find a load of value.

I use an old bullseye load from the 70's that everybody around here used to shoot in their autos for 25 bullseye matches,

It shoots great but after a couple years of shooting major out of my 625 it feels weird shooting minor out of it

Load

LPP

3.5 grs of bullseye

230 Plain lead bullet

126 PF in my gun

Hitek bullet may require a .1 more to get a cushion for power factor

shoot your usual 170+ PF loads and then some of these and start laughing how mild they feel!

I use an old bullseye load from the 70's that everybody around here used to shoot in their autos for 25 bullseye matches,

It shoots great but after a couple years of shooting major out of my 625 it feels weird shooting minor out of it

Load

LPP

3.5 grs of bullseye

230 Plain lead bullet

126 PF in my gun

shoot your usual 170+ PF loads and then some of these and start laughing how mild they feel!

What OAL are you using?

Load

LPP

3.5 grs of bullseye

230 Plain lead bullet

126 PF in my gun

What OAL are you using?