Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou bullet

Onepocket

In tried blue bullets do get some leading right on the crown of the barrel and in the first baffle shoots great tried sns coated lots of smoke and for accuracy well at 25 yards I did hit the target a few times sticking with berrys thick plated

I've used Bayou and Blue Bullets (124 gr) in my 38 SC gun at Major velocities. Both don't lead the barrel at all, but both produce a fair amount of lead deposits in the comp, all 3 chambers. Blue seems to do it somewhat less, so I'm sticking with them for practice (using 7.5 gr Autocomp/WAC). Accuracy is good.

I've read various threads on cleaning and have Froglubed the comp, then use a mixture of 50-50 white vinegar and hydrogen peroxide for cleaning (recommended for both carbon deposits and lead; it softens the lead and makes cleaning easier). Don't know if I could go 5K rounds between cleanings, though.

I'll get some Dillon lube, if that really does the trick. (Do you mean case lube? I couldn't find "bullet lube" on the Dillon site.)

Anyone run bayou bullets in there open gun? Lead bullets?

I shot on a squad with a gun running them today. He was shooting open and after couple of stages I asked what bullet he was using. I was curious because of how much smoke I saw. He said "Bayou". :surprise: IF there had a barrel prop of something that wasn't in the open I think he would have had difficulty... ;)