Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 Gen4 magwell for ESP?

brianr34

I would like to try my G34 in ESP this year. I have not used a magwell before.

I would like to get suggestions on a magwell that is ESP legal and prefer to use stock Glock base plates.

Initial research came up with Zev slim and JP Enterprises magwells? Are these good products?

Edited by brianr34

I built a Gen 4 34 for ESP and went with the Zev slim magwell and like it a lot. I also run Dawson adjustable sights and +.200 EZ off basepads and the gun fits in the box with a little room to spare. You can easily use the factory basepads if you seat the mags properly with the corner of the heel of your palm. The main reason I use the Dawsons is because I also use the same mags with my production gun and most USPSA matches around me are outdoors in sandy bays so cleaning mags is a must.

You're welcome. I forgot to mention that you can order the Dawson to fit the backstrap you prefer. Zev says that their magwell doesn't work with backstraps but I run the medium beaver tail with mine and got it to work just fine. Not sure if you use a backstrap or not but if so and you like more info about how to make it work I'd be happy to help