Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Training With My Wife!

MarkS_A18138

Spent the last 4 weeks doing a lot training with my Wife (Tracy) I haven't picked up a gun since we started. I wanted it to be all about her!!!!! In 4 weeks we have moved her draw from high 1.40's to consistent 1.08 to 1.13 A hit at 10-15 yards and moved her splits into the Low .20's and I know she can do better!!! I know for some people this is not a great deal but she is a C shooter (mental game kills her). She has been working on her mental game for a couple of weeks (hard Core)! She was pretty pumped she broke into a couple super low 1.0's draws and even one .97 all at 10 yards. They were all C hits but close!! To the A line. She has moved her (mod) 6 shot Bill drill to a smooth 2.05 all A's!!! I just hope she can get her Mental game on this weekend at the Lady Smith match. My daughter Shea has been improving also! Just got her back into her Open 4 weeks ago after being off about a year. Hurt her wrist shooting a super and moved her back to playing with the .22. Now she has a new 9mm open and loves it !!!

Also thanks goes out to Steve Anderson and his awesome book it has help out!!!!!

She is motivated! Her biggest problem is the mind game!!! She also been shooting since 2001 with not much improvement tell this past year! She always been a good shooter just could never drive the gun that hard. Our gunsmith and one of our master shooters in our club really helped out also! Oh by the way it helps to practice also!!!!! lol!!!

mark,

it's good she listens to you.  most of the time i have to get some other shooter to tell her the same thing i said before she believes me. :D

lynn

Our gunsmith got Her to move her holster to help her with the draw!!! I have been trying that for aleast 2 month!!!! Some stuff works and then I have to call in help on other stuff!!!!

The mental part of my game is my most improved part. I can credit the improvement to two books - Brian's book and Lanny Bassham's book "With Winning in Mind"

I actually have read both books twice through and the mental outlook that I have before, during, and after a match has helped me to perform consistently. Now I need to work on the mechanics!! :)

My wife had 1 good stage followed by 4 that sucked because of gun problems. It also blew her mental game right out the window. But this is the first time she didn't stay pissed off!!! She is now giving her 2 min to be upset and thats it. I am proud of her for that!!! She still took 3rd C!! On the bright side my 10 year old daughter that has not figured out match stress yet or first stages butterflies was high jr. and won D class at the Ladysmith. She has no worries about shooting yet!!!! I was stressed for her. :wacko: