Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trying to remove Tek-lok...problems

LeviSS

I have a Bladetech holster I bought about 5 years ago for a CZ SP-01 with the tek-lok attachment. I just ordered another BT holster with the stingray attachment. I was going to swap the belt attachments on the holsters. I have one screw on the old holster that won't come out. I noticed the screws on the new holsters now have slots on them, so I thought maybe that's why they were changed.

Any advice on how to get the screw broken loose? It's just turning on the inside and I can't get on it with anything to keep it from spinning. Would applying some heat, maybe a hair dryer, help? Thanks.

Put a little loctite on the head of the screw put screwdriver on it let it dry and unscrew. Works great

I'm trying to follow you here...are you saying to loctite the chicago screw to the holster so it won't spin?

Put a little loctite on the head of the screw put screwdriver on it let it dry and unscrew. Works great

I'm trying to follow you here...are you saying to loctite the chicago screw to the holster so it won't spin?

If you have enough room run dime blue loctite down the sides of screw to the nut or whatever in the old version. It stripped the plastic that's holds the nut in place. Or needle point super glue to glue the nut down so it doesn't move. Done this in a mag pouch before with the super glue trick. Keeps the nut in place so u can turn screw

If you have enough room run dime blue loctite down the sides of screw to the nut or whatever in the old version. It stripped the plastic that's holds the nut in place. Or needle point super glue to glue the nut down so it doesn't move. Done this in a mag pouch before with the super glue trick. Keeps the nut in place so u can turn screw

That's a good idea. Thanks.

Edited by LeviSS