Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tube extension options for 930 JM Pro

bigfelipe

I am just getting around to setting up/modifying my Mossberg. Have a load gate on the way, gonna open it up a bit and swap the follower, do some polishing and whatnot, add a match saver, and then maybe extend the tube a bit. I'm not looking for a long tube. I have the 24" gun. What's an inexpensive option to add a round or two?

I keep seeing the Nordic Xl/XXL and like the idea of the XXL for a quick and easy extra round. Can't seem to find any reliable info on them, nor availability for a specific shotgun.

Are they not made anymore? Were they not reliable or something?

The Nordic XL/XXL is discontinued, as Nordic went to a slightly different system, with I believe different threads than the XL/XXL (MXT?). Contact Nordic to see if they have any left over, as well as Brownell's. I have a 22" 930 and XXL, no issues. Suspect a lot of others run the old style version without issues.

You might be able to go with a +2 ext and a coupler. I think....that on the Mossberg tubes....the threads on either end of the tube are different (not sure).....at any rate, if you can't find a XXL cap, the +2 ext with a coupler is an option, you might have to screw the +2 into the nut, then add the coupler, then screw your present extension into the coupler.

Tim

I am just getting around to setting up/modifying my Mossberg. Have a load gate on the way, gonna open it up a bit and swap the follower, do some polishing and whatnot, add a match saver, and then maybe extend the tube a bit. I'm not looking for a long tube. I have the 24" gun. What's an inexpensive option to add a round or two?

I keep seeing the Nordic Xl/XXL and like the idea of the XXL for a quick and easy extra round. Can't seem to find any reliable info on them, nor availability for a specific shotgun.

Are they not made anymore? Were they not reliable or something?

liek Mpom said, they are discontinued, very hard to find, but any of the following links give you an idea...it gives you a extra round of 2 3/4 rounds

the JM 22 8+1 ---> with XXL cap goes to 9+1

the JM 24 9+1-----> with XXL cap goes to 10+1

check the following threads in other forums...

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-latest-acquisition-24-jm-pro-10-1-pistol-grip.4911/

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_13_4/1226_jm_pro__1_cap___.html

Edited by jacobstgn

Yeah, seen plenty of old posts about them. Nothing in the last couple years.

I don't know anything about mag tube extensions that's why I wanted to go the Cap route. Seemed easier than replacing the whole tube with a longer one or getting a long extension. Guess I'll have to do some more research.