Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New from KY

Jonb

Hello all, I am Jonathon from KY. I have recently decided to get back into shooting. I have never done any competitive shooting. I have spent a lot of time on the range for fun and prior profession. I plan to try out USPSA and eventually move into 3 Gun as well. Here is what I already have: P229, MP15 with iron front sight, and that is about it. Any advice would be great ie holsters, belts, etc. I am cruising the forums now. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited by Jonb

Welcome! Practical pistol is a blast. What caliber is the P229?

Blade Tech seems to be the popular choice for holster, but there are other brands (Comp Tac, DA/Double Alpha, and Safariland and Uncle Mike's are less expensive but still respected).

Shooters Connection is a great outlet for shooting gear, and they're in Kentucky. You can't go wrong with just about anything they stock, and you can give them a call or email if you have questions about gear. They're shooters too, and great to deal with. *Just read their return policy before you open anything. They're strict about it, but it's a fair policy.

I use the Shooters Connection belt, which is the same as the popular CR Speed for a few bucks less.

There are plenty of threads about gear, so definitely hear what others have to say as well.

Have fun!

I am in the Bowling Green area closer to Rockastle Shooting Center. It is a couple hours from Lexington. Thank you for the welcome.

Edited by Jonb

Welcome! Practical pistol is a blast. What caliber is the P229?

Blade Tech seems to be the popular choice for holster, but there are other brands (Comp Tac, DA/Double Alpha, and Safariland and Uncle Mike's are less expensive but still respected).

Shooters Connection is a great outlet for shooting gear, and they're in Kentucky. You can't go wrong with just about anything they stock, and you can give them a call or email if you have questions about gear. They're shooters too, and great to deal with. *Just read their return policy before you open anything. They're strict about it, but it's a fair policy.

I use the Shooters Connection belt, which is the same as the popular CR Speed for a few bucks less.

There are plenty of threads about gear, so definitely hear what others have to say as well.

Have fun!

Thank you very much.

It is a P229 E2 9mm.

Edited by Jonb