• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a word on the supporters of the match- We don't solicit sponsors. All of the great guys and ladies behind these companies enjoy this sport, and the people that participate in it, so much that they have contacted us asking how they can be involved. We're proud to include this list of friends as sponsors of the match. Products or certificates for services will be given away via random draw at awards ceremony.

Samson Manufacturing www.samson-mfg.com

DoubleStar Corp www.star15.com

Rockcastle Shooting Center www.rockcastleshootingcenter.com

Lincoln Arms- Michael www.lincolnarms.com

Gamaliel Shooting Supply www.gamalielshootingsupply.com

Rose Action Sports www.roseactionsports.com

MOD 1 Firearms www.mod1firearms.com

Crucible Armament www.cruciblearmament.com

MGM Targets www.mgmtargets.com

Also- additional match T-shirts are for sale through Lincoln Arms for $15/each. Lincoln Arms is donating 1/2 the cost of every shirt sold to Mission 22. Thanks Michael!

Edited by Bryan 45

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Less than one month until the shenanigans, I mean match, begins!

Slugs may or may not happen. We're likely to throw a MGM spinner out somewhere. We'll certainly have some poppers that require a team effort.

If you haven't booked a room for Saturday night at Rockcastle, I'd suggest calling soon. They should have a band, and I know there will be plenty of shooters telling lies in the parking lot until well after dark.

• 3 weeks later...

Round count is approx. 75 rounds per gun per shooter and 5 slugs. We'll have one stage that has rifle out to 200-250 yards. All other stages will be short range. (Not to say there won't be some challenges.)

I say approx because some stages you may shoot rifle, and each of your teammates only shoot one of the other guns. Other stages all of you will shoot all guns.

Bring 1K rounds and you should have enough to shoot some stop signs on the way home to Michigan.

Edited by Bryan 45

I have had a man drop out of my team for this match. The fee has already been paided. Please contact Robert Standley or David Anderson. I will watch this post.

If any team is unable to fill their 3rd slot due to a drop out, we have a couple options.

Probably the easiest is for the team to invite someone from another team to be a stand-in. As long as it's the same shooter for every stage, this works ok. (We allowed it last year.) And someone gets real lucky and gets to shoot on 2 teams. :)

Probably the easiest is for the team to invite someone from another team to be a stand-in. As long as it's the same shooter for every stage, this works ok. (We allowed it last year.) And someone gets real lucky and gets to shoot on 2 teams. :)

Based on some of the, um, let's call them "discussions" I heard last year, there's likely some folks that would encourage a team member to do that for the practice! (I know I would have gotten volunteered last year by my other two!)

John, you make a valid point, and one I hadn't considered from a "gaming" perspective.

All is subject to match director approval. Last year it was permitted because of a couple guys that just didn't show up on match day.

John, you make a valid point, and one I hadn't considered from a "gaming" perspective.

All is subject to match director approval. Last year it was permitted because of a couple guys that just didn't show up on match day.

Didn't mean it that way. I simply meant there was some healthy discussion among teams that certain team members could use some practice!! :sight:

Ah ha! Part of all that gentle ribbing we encouraged at the shooters meeting? Ha ha. The trash talking amongst team mates is one of my favorite parts of the match.

Exactly, like if you were reminded you lost the match last year by 1 dropped shot. And yes, I got a text today reminding me of that...