Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDm Bullet Size

mike821504

125gr, 135gr, or 147gr?

Due to my my limited M&P going down and the delay in ordering my 2011(lack of $$ LOL), I will be shooting production with a 9mm XDm I got at a match for a while. This will also be my first time reloading 9mm so I had a question on bullet size since I tend to overthink the crap out of things at times. In a previous thread I read that the XD series might have a problem with the larger size bullets due to tighter barrel profile. Any help from XD or CZ (similar barrel profile) reloader's would be greatly appreciated.

Equipment:

Bullet Type: The Blue Bullets

Powder: Titegroup

Press: Dillon XL 650

Pistol: XDm 9mm 4.5"

The very best groups my 5.25 XDM has ever shot has been with 124gr Precision Delta JHP and 125 Hornady HAP's. They both will do sub 2" groups at 25yds from a rest if I really concentrate. The next best is 147gr flat point no lube groove coated lead bullets. 3.1gr titegroup under one of those will do right at 2" at 25yds from a rest, is about 135PF, and pretty soft to shoot. I cant seem to get decent results with any 124/125 gr coated lead bullet no matter which one I try. For steel challenge I have had good luck shooting 100gr SWC from Ibejiheads.