Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 footprint?

im sure its been asked before, but ive looked and havent found it. im setting up my new bench, and have plans to purchase a s1050 in the next year, and want to ensure i leave adequate space for it. so, can anyone give me dimensions of the foot print of a set up 1050? only thing dillon or anyone else lists is height, and while important isnt what i need.

thanks

The mounting footprint of a regular (RL) 1050 is about 5x5 inches. It extends to 11" wide by 5" deep if you count the area where the case feeder support touches the bench. I think it's best mounted to the right side of a bench -- as you'll most likely need to notch the bench front pretty deeply to accommodate handle travel otherwise. Considering the mounting base (5" x 5") as the base -- mine is mounted nearly flush to the right side of the bench -- less than a quarter inch of bench showing -- and about 6 inches back from the front.

That puts the bullet tray behind the front edge of the bench and allows me to comfortable stand in front of it and crank the handle.....

It can also be nice to have access from two sides when servicing or repairing a 1050.....

The absolute minimum is about 22" wide (from handle edge to ammo bin) and 22" deep (from back to max lever position). You want more depth if you're going to add a bullet feeder, maybe another 10". I would say you need an additional foot on both sides to access the machine comfortably from the sides/back.