Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has any tried the new GoPro Hero Session cube camera?

arnettcw1

Thinking of a potential Christmas present that could also double as a dive camera. My Hero 3 recently died and I am considering the Session camera as a replacement. Just looking for opinions and experiences with it. Thanks.

I was looking hard for an action camera for Nats this year. I looked into the Session. The only real negative that I came across on the Session was that it does not have a replaceable battery. The image quality is close to the other cameras out there unless you want to be picky. I ended up going with the Contour+2. It comes with a waterproof case.

really like the session. clips on bill of baseball cap and is light enough to not move the cap (and earpro) around while running etc. I think battery hours are lower than the others but certainly enough to get you thru a match or two or three. have not tested with water.

I picked one up the other day. I ran it with the head strap in last month's local match. I'm running it on 1080 60fps with Medium FOV. The camera is easy to operate, just tap the top button once to turn it on and start recording. Tapping it again stops recording and turns it back off. It's light enough to not even notice it's there. I prefer the Session 4 over my ReplayXD.