Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock River Arms AR15

RodneyLtd

I am looking for an AR15 to give 3gun a try and was considering buying one from Rock River Arms.  Seems like they have some pretty good features out of the box and the price is better than other brands I have loooked at. Does anyone have any experience with RRA rifles?  Any other suggestions?

Yendor:

We have built several of thier reciever kits in to full race open rifles and have been VERY impresed with their quality!! Teir upper to lower fit is eceptional and ALL pin holes are propperly drilled and alighned. I can only imagine their factory built guns are just as high quality and would recomend them fully.                     KURT

A top national match gunsmith (John Holliger at White Oak Precision) uses RRA parts to build his match winning ARs. While I machine my own lowers, I bought an impressive White Oak upper.  RRA manufactures at the tighter end of the specifications and their parts allow a better fit than some companies that go w/ min spec. (i.e. loose, reliable and inaccurate).  RRA is reliable AND accurate.  Ignore the flap about scope rails; anything you buy from RRA today is 100% in spec.

I have a Bushmaster set up for Highpower service rifle competition, and it's a fine weapon.  I've heard that the RRA stock triggers are very nice, compared to the stock Bushmaster triggers (I don't care, I have a Compass Lake trigger...also very nice).

The RRA rifles do look very nice on their website.

Good luck,

DogmaDog