Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best $150 you can spend (steel targets)

obsessiveshooter

Okay, I ordered four 10" diameter 3/8" thick ar500 plates from my local steel supply, Dencol in denver. With the holes cut, it was 125 bucks out the door. At home depot I bought 2 10' 2x4s and cut them in half. You drill a hole for a 6" grade 8 bolt, add some washers and springs from the gate hardware section of home depot, and this all costs about 15 bucks. I modified my homemade metric target stands to also work as stands for the steel targets.

Now I can work on speeding up transitions. I don't need to walk up to see hits, and I don't need to tape. I can see how fast I can shoot consecutive A's with instant feedback. It's reusable forever. I can staple a metric target to the 2x4 so the plate is over the A zone. Best of all, my kids love shooting these waaaay more than paper targets. b253c00b8f895b6ad743b656dc12ff48.jpg02e941b97fb5d91b36c1b11173f03f0e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Can you show a picture of the front of the plate?
QUESTION what does the spring accomplish, wouldn't muffle the hits ,or ?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

You know, you can cut a small hole and slot through a metric target, slide the metal plate through, and staple the target to the 2x4, so that the steel target is right in front of the A zone. Then you could run drills and get instant feedback if you are getting A zone hits.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk