Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sx2 Mag Tube Question/problem?

dghboy315

i just got a Win SX2 practical mk 1 for 3guning. but i found out in the last match that i can only fit 7 winchester reduced recoil slugs in the mag tube. this leaves me 1 rnd short in standard class. i can fit 8 bird shot shells for a total of 9 rnds in the gun. anyone else have this problem? any solutions?

i have found that most slugs are a bit longer than 2 3/4". ive had the same problem in the past. I suppose you could shorten the spring a bit, but that my cause other problems. If you cant get a longer tube youll prob just have to live with it.

dang, i already bought a case of it.  oh well, i guess i will just have to shoot all of it.

what about adding thick rubber washer to threads of the mag tube, might add a 1/4 of an inch?

I wouldnt sugesest doing that. you'll end up with a gap between the extension and the factory tube. you need the transition to be as smooth as can be.

dang, i already bought a case of it.  oh well, i guess i will just have to shoot all of it.

what about adding thick rubber washer to threads of the mag tube, might add a 1/4 of an inch?

I wouldnt sugesest doing that. you'll end up with a gap between the extension and the factory tube. you need the transition to be as smooth as can be.

I use a SX2 Practical MkI with Winchester Slugs Mfg. part Number X12RS15 and 8 fit in the chute with no problem.

They do, however, kick like a Mule! But I never notice the recoil when shooting a stage.

dghboy 315, I shoot wolf slugs and have no problem with getting 8 in the mag. You can load one on the carrier with a little effort to bring your total up to 9. Its not as easy as with a Benelli but can be done. LOL Keith

You can load one on the carrier with a little effort to bring your total up to 9. Its not as easy as with a Benelli but can be done. LOL Keith

i was trying to figure out how to do that in the match i i'm not that smart. so how do you do it? don't you need to load the chamber before loading the mag tube?

would this work: close the bolt on an empty chamber, load the mag tube, pull the bolt back slowly, load one into the tube and drop one on the carrier?