Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trouble with upper

Glockinator

Do you have a lead sled? No offense here man but if you start by taking the biggest variable (you) out of the equation you can really figure it out.

I have a Stretch 16 barrel. When I first sighted it in I was getting 3" groups at 100 yards shooting off of a bench with a wooden V block. I was pretty pissed off about it but went and shot a match with it anyway. At the match I went one for one on 90% of the long range stuff. I was a little stumped on why a rifle I thought was inaccurate could do so good at a match. I should add that that was only about the 5th time in my whole life I shot from a bench.

I went to the range again and a guy was there with a lead sled. He let me use it, we tightened my rifle in there and shot 10 rounds. They were all in one little jagged hole at 100 yards. After that I was more than happy and learned 3 things.

1. I can't shoot off a bench, weird, I know.

2. I shoot better at matches, I kind of already knew that.

3. If I buy quality components don't blame them if I suck.

Edited by louu

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I sorted it out for those that are interested. I changed out to another hand guard with a little more room thinking the gas block was very close to the top of the Nordic guard and may have been touching. Seems to have made the difference. That is 20 rounds of the same cheap factory 55 grain ammo I tried before. Now to see if I can find a load it really likes.

post-59825-0-03321200-1449351151_thumb.j

Edited by Glockinator