Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DQ's in Steel Challenge

ZackJones

This thread makes it pretty clear that part of the problem is people that don't read the rule book and think they can/should just apply the rules from a different event that they may (or may not) have actually read the rules of.

This thread makes it pretty clear that part of the problem is people that don't read the rule book and think they can/should just apply the rules from a different event that they may (or may not) have actually read the rules of.

Hell I've read it numerous times and still learn something new each time I read it. We have an opportunity to make it better and that's something I would appreciate help from anyone on. Edited by ZackJones

In EzSteel you set up an event and within that event you have matches (Main, Rimfire Pistol and Rimfire Rifle).

Per rule 8.1 a person who has been disqualified may not shoot during the remainder of the event.

Consider your local monthly match (which is actually an event) and you're shooting Open (main match) and RFPO (rimfire pistol match). Typically we shoot the two guns at the same time. Now suppose you accidentally drop your RFPO gun while removing it from the case. Under Rule 8.2.1.2 you're automatically DQ'd from the event. This means you can't complete the match with your open gun.

I don't know what EzSteel says but after reading the SCSA Rules another 19 (or so) times it seems:

We shoot a "Match". In that "Match" are "Events". The "Events" are "Center Fire Pistol" and "Rimfire Pistol". in these "Events" there are "Divisions". See A.2 and A.3.

Note that we have a "Match Director" (NOT an Event Director) and Section 2 is "General Match Rules".

It seems there are "Match" DQs and "Event" DQs.

It seems clear (8.1 specifies "Event" NOT "Match") that an "Event" DQ in "Rimfire Pistol" does not affect you're shooting "Center Fire Pistol" and a "Center Fire Pistol" DQ does not affect you're shooting "Rimfire Pistol". Any scores completed before the "Event" DQ stand.

8.3 seems to deal with "Match" DQs (drugs and behaviour mostly) as does 8.2.1.4.

The wording isn't as bad as I thought once you get the context right but it could use some cleaning up.

Maybe this helps, maybe it's confusing. Maybe this will help the discussion of liking or not liking what it says.