Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Video of 38spl target loads with 1050/minimrbulletfeeder

ano

Thats awesome. What powder are you using?

2.4gr of n310

Dillon seater die body, and stem has been modified to seat deaper.

at 20 yards its a big'ish hole of all 6 shots all day, 6 inch custom lotar walther barrel, tuned M10.

Recoil isnt exactly "massive" but I have almsost 0 drop out to say 80 yards, usually dont shoot longer than that during our bullseye competition.

someone found that you shouldnt need to satisfy any powerfactor for our revolver bullseye... so its basicly lots of 22LR recoiling revolvers :P

Any trouble with lead in your feeder?

ohh yes, tons. I found the solution to be

1) Every 2 times I fill the minimrbulletfeeder tube, I spray a quick shot of hornady oneshot in the tubes to keep bullet lube from sticking

2) Every 2 tubes I spray oneshot in the dropper (with paper underneath to protect brass with powder)

3) I put the bullets in the freezer, when I fill the tubes, the bullets are close to roomtemp at time Im done filling the tubes, and I've saved lots of stickyness all round.

I milled down the 38spl expander so it expands brass much deeper so lead isn't resized, when doing this you can also get it to flare, this makes the bullet getting down enough in case much easier for the bullet, the 105gr lswc are superlight, and the base is short, so it took some thinking.

This way I can load a few thousand with no hassle, I got like 50lbs of 38spl targetloads in identical brass now, its so nice to just grab a few handfulls when hitting the range.