Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BMT Sideways C-More mount?

mikeAZ

I'm currently using a Allchin low mount on my 929 with a upright Slideride C-More.... Usually after the draw, I've noticed the "dot" is normally high in my vision area. (Maybe the grip angle, as I generally shoot a SV.2011 with a sideway mounted C-More open gun more often than the revolver). Try as I might, I usually find the "dot" on the high side. Another local shooter has the BMT mounted C-More on his 627 . He is not sure of any PERCIVED advantage with the sideway mount.

I know, I know, shoot the revolver more often, really not practical say for "3 gun" etc.....

"Carmoney" says his next gun will have the sideway BMT mount......OPINIONS, from shooter's that ACTUALLY have the BMT mount are solicited...

I shoot iron sighted revolvers 99% of the time. When I switch to an open revolver with the BMT mount, nothing is different.

The dot is close to where the sights would normally be. In the case that I lose the dot, my big front sight is still on the gun. Putting that on the target and the dot returns is like cheating. I'm not saying anything bad about a cmore upright, but there way absolutely no learning curve for me to switch to this setup.

I have 3 BMT's, and the only downside I see over an upright is a few ounces more for the added aluminum.

Edited by MWP

I too shoot iron sights 99.99999% of the time. I'm not a dot shooter at all but played around with one of my revolvers since I had a C-More laying around that I bought cheap to play with some day. I first put the C-More on an Allchin mount because I didn't think that I could stand the sideways mount and have that big block in my vision. I ended up having to do the dot dance way too much to be an occasional user. A friend loaned me his BMT mount to try and when I did it was easy, no more looking for the dot, it was just there. Since I shoot with both eyes open I was able to quickly ignore the base of the C-More to one side and it was a non issue. I ordered the BMT mount the next day. I reload weak hand (left) and the standard mount that offsets the base to the left was still fine and was not in the way for reloading.

Edited by Gregg K